Deadline for vendor registration is September 28th! Vendors who complete registration and submit payment prior to April 28, 2018, receive an early bird discount of 20% off!
Thank you for your interest in participating in the third annual Hampton Roads VegFest on October 28, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Last year’s festival attracted over 4,000 visitors (doubling in size from year one), 10 corporate sponsors, 70 vendors, more than two dozen food vendors (many of whom sold out of food), and four acclaimed speakers and featured local hit musicians, yoga, a vegan pie-eating contest, a kids’ zone, and much more. This year, we plan to grow even bigger and anticipate over 5,000 guests from all over the Hampton Roads area and beyond. Our network throughout Virginia and North Carolina brings vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores together to provide maximum exposure for vegan-friendly non-profits, restaurants, and businesses in the Commonwealth. Check out our highlight sheet for a full recap of last year and what to expect this year!
The deadline for vendor registration is September 28, 2018. This deadline allows us to provide your business or non-profit organization with the most organized event possible. We recommend that vendors planning to distribute food apply early to ensure that all menu items are approved by the committee and the necessary health paperwork is approved in time for the festival. Late registration may result in loss of table/chair rental or electricity access. Vendors who complete registration and submit payment prior to April 28, 2018, receive an early bird discount of 20% off!
The festival will take place at Chesapeake City Park, centrally located in Hampton Roads (900 City Park Dr. Chesapeake, VA 23320). Admission is FREE to the public and draws people across many demographics. To view a list of the 2017 vendors, click here.
Vendor registration fees:
- For-profit food vendors: $250*
- For-profit non-food vendors: $200
- Non-profit: $100
- Artist (Creators’ Corner): $50 for the first 10 accepted and approved
- Rescue/shelter (Adoptable Avenue): FREE for first 10 registered
* Registration fee includes $50 deposit refunded when vendor uses compostable/recyclable serveware
Vendors will be provided with:
- One 10′ by 10′ outdoor space (or space for a food truck)
- One 8’ table
- Two chairs
- There will be limited access to electricity and water. Extension cord rentals are $10 and tent rentals are $20 but must be requested when registering.
- Up to two businesses/organizations may share a single 10′ by 10′ space for the cost of that one space, provided that both entities submit the below contract and note in each form how they would like to split/arrange their payments.
- Shelters/rescues are encouraged, but not required, to bring adoptable animals.
- There is no rain date, and the event is held each year rain or shine. Only in the case of an emergency or other extenuating circumstances will the festival be postponed, and vendors will be notified as soon as possible of any changes in plans. We cannot arrange refunds due to postponement.
Food vendors, please note:
- Hampton Roads VegFest is a vegan festival promoting a plant-based, cruelty-free lifestyle. No products of animal origin or use (i.e. meat, dairy, eggs, honey, leather, fur, wool, silk, down, or products tested on animals) may be promoted or sold at this event.
- Vendors distributing food at their booth must acquire a permit with the Chesapeake Health Department.
- Vendors distributing food at their booth must have all menu items approved by the committee.
- Vendors must use compost-friendly serve-ware and cutlery. All of Chinet’s “classic white” paperware can be composted and can be purchased at most retailers (Sam’s Club, Costco, etc.). If you already use paper products, make sure they do not have a plastic film on them. If you are providing plastic containers, make sure they are number 1 or 2.
- Food vendors will be placed together in the food vendor/truck area of the park. Food vendors may not request space next to non-food vendors.
If you have questions, please email our Vendor and Sponsor Chair, Matthew Watts, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you at the third annual Hampton Roads VegFest!
This form is for vendors and exhibitors. If you would like to be a corporate sponsor and take advantage of the many advertising benefits available, please click here.
All money transactions must be made through Hampton Roads VegFest via Paypal (email@example.com) or check (sent to P.O. Box 6411, Chesapeake, VA 23323).