Can you scarf down your dinner in record timing? Do you ever look down at your plate a few minutes into your meal to find only crumbs remaining? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to eat an entire vegan peanut butter-chocolate mousse pie?
Here’s your chance to find out. Hampton Roads VegFest is thrilled to bring you our second annual vegan pie-eating contest! At 4:30 p.m. on October 8 at Chesapeake City Park, 15 lucky contestants will get down and dirty with some creamy, gooey pies brought to you by My Vegan Sweet Tooth, a renowned local bakery dishing up vegan goodies from pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to mudslide cupcakes, apple cinnamon rolls, pot pies, donuts, and more!
The first-place finisher (the one who eats EVERY BITE of pie first) will go down in VegFest history and will reign as pie-eating champ until next year’s contest. And, of course, the winner will also go home with some awesome prizes, including a brand-new Almond Cow milk machine (valued at $175) and a super-sized VegFest swag bag filled with vegan goodies from brands like Hippeas and GoMacro, plus HRVF merch!
You can get in on the excitement for just $15, which will help make next year’s VegFest even bigger and better. To sign up, read over the rules and waiver linked below, and then fill out the Paypal form on this page to make your payment. Keep an eye on your email, where we’ll send you a link to sign your waiver after you’ve registered.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Contestants must pay the $15.00 entry fee to Smithfield Pig Save via Paypal. Entry is limited to the first 15 contestants who register and pay the entry fee.
- Contestants must read this waiver and then e-sign the waiver via email within 72 hours of receipt to qualify for the contest.
- Contestants must arrive at the main stage by 4:15 p.m. on October 8 at Hampton Roads Vegfest (Chesapeake City Park, 900 City Park Dr, Chesapeake, VA). Contestants who are not present by 4:15 may forfeit their spot in the contest.
- To be crowned winner, contestant must be the first participant to consume a full pie without the use of any utensils or hands. Water and napkins will be provided.
(Allergen information: Pies contain peanuts, soy, wheat, and coconut.)
Hurry! Registration will cap at 15 contestants! Please make your payment below and then keep an eye on your inbox for your waiver to sign.